(The previous summary was Jan 2022 and includes links to city planning reports etc).
Details on development proposals which have been submitted to the city can be found on the Development Applications map (filter by ward, then zoom in on the map)
- 187 Parliament (Thrifty car rental site, 11 storey)
plans include 6,000 square feet indoor and outdoor event space on the 11th floor
Now under construction
- 471-479 Queen East (between Bright and Sumach, developer Brad Lamb, 15 storey)
This development was approved with minor changes by OLT in April 2023 (good luck using a street address to lookup a decision on the OLT website!) Soil testing on site was underway in Sept 2023.
See pages 3-4 of the OLT decision. Required changes include:
• above level 14, the 2.5 metre setback from the south elevation was moved to the north elevation to decrease the massing facing Queen St
• vehicular access will no longer be provided from Queen St. Inbound and outbound vehicular access will be provided from Sumach Street.
- 252 Parliament (Salvation Army store site, developer Core, 9 storey)
Urbantoronto project description
This project is shown on the architect’s website, no details on the developer’s website.
- 28 River (Beer store site, just north of Queen, 15 storey)
The current owner is apparently looking to sell the site to someone else to develop (see details)
- 351-353 Queen East (SE corner of Parliament/Queen, developer ONE Properties, 27 storeys)
Shoppers drug store closed Sept 7, 2023; when existing buildings will be cleared from the site is unknown. The developer applied to Committee of Adjustment on Oct 4 to remove the planned supermarket space and add 1 floor (now 28 storey)
Urbantoronto project summary